Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Well isn't this a lovely Wednesday :)

I would like to announce that this is the first time in a long time that I have not had homework :). Omg. I just didn't use a contraction on "have not" :\ TOO MUCH ENGLISH!! So I did promise a list. And on the subject of English:

Reasons Why I Hate English Class

  • Writing papers-Why in the world do we need to write essays and papers and crap like that. Yeah, yeah, yeah "to get into college" or "so you can write better in college." Okayy. What about after college? How many career fields actually require you to write an essay with an "introduction paragraph" and "thesis statements" and "body paragraphs" and a "concluding paragraph" and make sure you "restate your thesis." >:(

  • Correct grammar-Okay so I know correct grammar is a sign of intelligence or whatever, but come on. We live in Tennessee here. I do try to use correct grammar and spell things correctly and stuff, but must we be graded on it?

  • Timed writing-OMG. Writing papers is difficult enough as it is, but timed???? UGH. When things are timed I feel so rushed and I can't put my thoughts into words in a limited amount of time, so the paper ends up being crap.

  • A specific amount of words or pages or paragraps-When teachers force you to have a certain amount of information, I write a bunch of crap to fill up room. So really, teachers, you are just making me get a worse grade.

  • When teachers give you a bad grade but don't tell you why-Uhh excuse me, are you trying to make my grade lower? How do I learn if you don't correct my wrong doings??

  • Reading-What's with all this reading?? Haha jk. I love reading. Actually the books for AP Euro are more boring than the ones for English lol.
Basically the thing I hate most about English is writing. Somehow my papers actually sound somewhat good, but I still hate writing it. I know this wasn't a very exciting list but I had to start somewhere lol. Well, I just got a call from Sarah saying Evan was in a car accident and had to go in Lifestar. Poor Evan. This has just not been his year. :( Please pray for him.

No comments: